Making memories on Father's Day
Father's Day is a holiday of honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood. We usually show our appreciation by giving gifts to our fathers. Then you'll notice that your dad’s closet is overflowing with ties. He is ahead of two wallets and has enough shaving lotion and men’s colognes to last him the rest of his life.
So, what to do for Father’s Day? What would you do when your father seems to have everything? That special day can be made a memorable one with a little creative thought. What makes your dad his happiest?
Here are some tips you can do on Father's Day:
- Take him to his favorite restaurant and slip a gift card for that special place or another purpose, into his Father’s Day card.
- Be a slave for a day. Mow the lawn. Wash his car. Cook him a lavish meal and wait on him hand and foot.
- Most men have a hobby or multiple hobbies. If he likes to garden, get your hands dirty and help him weed the produce patch. If he likes photography, plan a special scenic day trip with you driving, so he can be photographically creative.
- Does he enjoy finer tastes in life? Some specialty liquor stores have sample-size bottles of single malt scotches or glass-size bottles of wines. Accompany these gifts with food items that act as pallet cleansers for the tastings.
- Brew him a pot of his favorite coffee, make him breakfast, and prepare a basket full of sample coffees for him to try later. Baskets are always a good choice. You can put one together from various items, like books for reading, CDs, DVDs, or foods he likes but doesn't usually buy for himself.
Remember, whatever the gift, it's the thought that counts.
"Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection. "
Happy Father's Day!!