Whether your idea of fun in the sun is a picnic at the park, hiking, volleyball on the beach or grilling in the backyard, it’s important to be mindful of your skin. Someeasy tips to help protect your skin while embracing the warm weather activities.
- Apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher at least 30 min. before sun time, and reapply every 2 hrs.
- Add sunscreen to tips of ears, part lines of scalp and tops of the knees and feet, areas often forgotten.
- Wear UVA/UVB sunglasses to avoid sun’s radiation and potential long-term damage to eyes and the skin around them.
- Wear tightly woven clothing and wide-brim hats for more sun protection, and UPF clothing above 30.
- Do not scratch! Bug bites will take longer to heal, may heal in a dark mark and could get infected. Instead, pack a cortisone cream for treating itchy skin.
- Skin needs hydration. Drink water regularly, especially in the heat. Plan ahead and freeze water in reusable water bottles. Throughout the day the ice will melt and the water will stay cold and refreshing.
Before stepping outside, be sure to follow these easy steps to help protect your skin. After all, summer months may come and go but your natural glow is available year-round.